Friday, February 3, 2012

One more valentine....

Sorry for the delay in posting... our house was hit pretty hard with cold and flu due to this crazy weather! Here in Michigan we have a saying... if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes!  This winter has been crazy like that!  We have had little snow and when it does finally snow... within two days it looks like spring again and its pouring down rain.  This is NOT my idea of winter.  Needless to say my children and hubby have severe allergies and this has not been a fun time for them.  My husband came down with the flu and that was awful!  Thus far I have been able to stay healthy (knock on wood). 

Enough about that... lets talk crafts! =) When I make cards I often cut out a lot of different pieces and try out various designs before I choose what will be my final product.  I will often make a "dummie card" which is stamped various times and has holes in random places etc from where I tried various ideas and didn't like it.  Often times I end up with various components I really like but just don't' fit my specific card at that time... so this card is made up of pieces from my CPS 252 card I made.  I didn't like how the Moka girl looked on it but when I put these love elephants (from Taylored Expressions) and added the red hearts to the TE heart border die I liked it!  So this is one of this semi scrap/dummie cards! I have bags of dummie pieces that my girls just love to make things with...  someone appreciates my creative mishaps! LOL
Supplies: Paper: Bazzill cardstock, Taylored Expressions Key ingredient card kit January. 
Stamps: Animals in love - Elephants  Dies: Taylored Expressions Jumbo heart border die, nest abilities scalloped circles. Copic markers. doodle bug twine, buttons (no idea where they came from).
Enjoy!!
Nicole





No comments:

Post a Comment