Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Post and Photoshop Elements....

Hello again.... after several hours trying my first attempt at Photoshop Elements 9 I realized I may need a guide for dummies or something! This software can do some amazing things to photos... however it's going to take some time to figure out how to use it!  I have been working on upgrading my equipment so now I have an awesome DSLR camera(my dream for many years), Photoshop and a new laptop.... not I just have to figure it all out how they work together! I was finally able to get this picture edited and add my info to the bottom but still can't get it to accept my design!  Who would have thought a watermark would be so difficult!


Here is a card I created a for my daughter's friend.  The papers are part of a paper pack by My Minds Eye called Just Dreamy. I LOVE this paper pack because it has papers for both girls and boys and very versatile... best of all its glitter paper with a high gloss clear lacquer.  I put the monkey just above the cupcake because I though he just had that look on his little face!  Not much shading going on with the copics... I colored this image when I first got my copics and wasn't quite sure what I was doing!  When I got them I stamped a bunch of my favorite images and began to practice colors.  Then I saved them for when I need to make cards quickly! It also allows my kids to choose the character they want to use! Win Win!!  I have lots more cards to post... can't wait to share them with you!


Paper: Patterned My Minds Eye Just Dreamy, Solid Stampin Up! Stamps: Itzie Inkies Stamp Set "It's my birthday" C.C. Designs Rubber Stamps Other: Copics, SU! Crystal Effects, Robins Egg Dew Drops, Prima Flowers Got Prints?.


Enjoy!
Nicole mj

6 comments:

  1. Hello there! I saw you ask about digi stamps on the By Lori Designs blog, so I thought I'd answer your question. Although I still use rubber, too, I have come to much prefer digi stamps over rubber. For one, much cleaner - no inky fingers/smudges. Two - the images can be printed in so many different sizes, which is super convenient. I love coloring my images large, but I also like printing out smaller ones to use as embellishments, etc. If you go to my blog, I have a bunch of links to my favorite digi stamp companies on the sidebar - www.stampinangeljenn.blogspot.com Just to name a few, some of my faves are Dilly Beans, Just Some Lines, Saturated Canary, Michelle Perkett Studio, Tiddly Inks, CS Designs, Sassy Studio, By Lori Designs, The Greeting Farm, CC Designs/All That Scraps... let me know if you have any questions that I can help with! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!! I didn't realize there were so many to choose from. I plan to buy a couple and see what I can do with them. I have a laser printer so I am not sure how that will work. I am going to try using my regular Choice Cardstock Snow White from Taylored Expressions.... not sure.

      Delete
  2. This is ADORABLE! I LOVE it! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. . .to answer your question, you can get the die to emboss rather than cut by putting an embossing mat (rubber) instead of the usual cutting plate in your diecutting sandwich. I used a Cuttlebug, so I used an A plate, B plate, die/paper with blade facing up, embossing mat (instead of C plate), and then another B plate. HOpe that makes sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I bought that border die and was piecing it to another paper so it would be flat.. this will be so much easier! I have a Big Shot but I will figure out the sandwich. Thanks for the comments!

      Delete